Monday, March 12, 2012

Upcoming Things for Me

Vancouver Urban Partnership

From April 26-May 31, I will be doing the Vancouver Urban Partnership in the Downtown Eastside.  I have to say though that I am both excited and worried at the same time.  As a person who has not really paid much attention to Justice issues, I am a little worried of my ability to be a leader in this.  However, I said the same thing about China and look what God did with that.  The excitement comes with the potential galvanization of our future exec team and being able to have this shared experience with them.  Also, I am excited to see what God has in store for me during this time.

Mark West Pacific

As you may know, Mark West is a week of intensive bible study on half of the book of Mark.  However, because Mark West reached capacity, there was a need to expand it.  So now we have a BC specific Mark West called Mark West Pacific.  It's really exciting that we get to have our own now.  We have been coming up with creative ways to invite students and we are praying for 84 students from BC.

My role this year has changed from the past.  I have been invited to co-lead the Mark II track (Mark 8+).  I have to say like the VUP, I am both excited and nervous at the same time.  Even though I have gone through Mark numerous times, I have not really focused on Mark II.  So this will be quite the experience leading 35+ hours of bible study in 5 days.

Urbana 12

Urbana 12 is coming up!  I have been invited to be a part of the prayer team at Urbana.  I am really happy and excited to be a part of this because it was at Urbana 09 that I was able to experience the healing power of prayer.  So now, I get to be a part of that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment