Saturday, January 19, 2013

SFU Urbana Testimonials



Anika's Experience
1.  What were you hoping to receive by going to Urbana?
I went to Urbana with three questions on my mind. 1. What is the mission of God? 2. Why is it so important? and 3. How then should I live? I was hoping that my Urbana experience would give me some pieces of insight into these questions, as well as give me a broader idea of what the Kingdom of God looks like from the perspective of ALL nations.

2.  What was the most significant thing that you received during Urbana?
The most significant thing I received at Urbana was a commitment from the Father. Throughout the week through speakers and their stories I became very aware of the great sacrifice involved in giving my 'yes' to God. At the end of the week we were challenged to commit to join Jesus in his global mission. I did give my yes to Him, but it became so much more than that. My yes to him was followed immediately by his yes to me. No hesitation on his part! It reminded my of taking wedding vows - my life-long commitment to Him and His mission resounded with His lifelong commitment to me. God is patient and faithful.

3.  What are you looking forward to this upcoming semester/year/3 years?
This semester I am looking forward to being at SFU with a new purpose. Part of that will be joining Vanessa in leading a Bible study in Surrey!
This year I am looking forward to walking with Jesus and the changes in me and others that will bring.
In the next 3 years I am looking forward to lots of parties. The implications of inviting people to a great banquet means you always need to be ready to celebrate!

4.  How can we be praying for you and your ministry?
Pray for gentleness, humility, and fearlessness as I extend Jesus' invitation, especially here on campus. Pray that the mission of God to seek and save the lost would direct everything I do.


Esther's Experience
1.  What were you hoping to receive by going to Urbana?
From Urbana I was hoping to receive some guidance or direction as to where God wants me and how to work throughout the campus to build a community with others outside of the IVCF group.

2.  What was the most significant thing that you received during Urbana?
The most significant thing I received from Urbana was probably the peace and reassurance that He has a great plan for the SFU campus and for my life and not to fret. Coming into Urbana I was a bit hesitant and nervous but now I feel calm and ready for what's in store.

3.  What are you looking forward to this upcoming semester/year/3 years?
I'm looking forward to what God has in store for our campus. After planning a bit of this semester with Barron and the rest of our group I can't wait to see how everything plays out. I'm excited to use what we learned at Urbana, especially in the seminars, towards our campus.

4.  How can we be praying for you and your ministry?
You can be praying for the small group I'll be leading with Barron on parables. I'm very excited about it because I really enjoy parables and I've never lead a small group like this. Although I am nervous because I haven't lead many bible studies and that I'll be more of a learner than a leader for the group.

Vanessa's Experience
1.  What were you hoping to receive by going to Urbana?
I was hoping to find direction on what I should do after I finish my degree on April 2013.

2.  What was the most significant thing that you received during Urbana?
The most significant thing I received, are the challenging teachings. The way I am living my life as a Christian has been challenged in different ways.

3.  What are you looking forward to this upcoming semester/year/3 years?
I am looking forward to where God wants me to be. My life right now is a blank canvass and I just want God to put all the colors and shapes on it. I am also looking forward to sharing the gospel to all my friends at SFU and make sure that I do this intentionally.

4.  How can we be praying for you and your ministry?
I would like for people to pray that the fire in me won't die and that I will continue to seek the lost. I would also like people to pray for our Bible Studies at SFU Surrey that our numbers will grow exponentially until there is an overflow of students.

Mona's Experience
1.  What were you hoping to receive by going to Urbana?
At first I was trying to look for an answer. At that point, I was actually going through a career crisis. I was beginning to doubt myself and what my life was set you for.

2.  What was the most significant thing that you received during Urbana?
The most significant thing I received during Urbana was God. He found me. I didn't have to do anything but to devote myself to him again. Then, the answers to my doubts came naturally. I began to understand the purpose of my life, and why I had the passions I did.

3.  What are you looking forward to this upcoming semester/year/3 years?
I'm looking forward to living life for Jesus :D. It might sound trite, but I seriously want every hour to be worth it for God.

4.  How can we be praying for you and your ministry?
Please pray for the bible study I will be leading. Thanks!!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment