My name is Julianna Lei and I am currently a 4th year student at SFU. Right now, I am studying psychology and criminology, and I hope to complete a joint major degree in both by next year. I tend to describe myself as a homebody where I would like to read a good book while having a cup of tea. However, I do enjoy going out of the house and enjoy spending time with my friends - which leads to my passion. I would say that I have a passion for people. I like to listen to people – to hear about their stories and struggles. I believe that is why I initially majored in psychology. However, God has shown me recently that I have a passion for social justice as well. I feel strongly for those who are disenfranchised and find it rewarding to help others. For these reasons, I am hoping to become a counselor and help empower others.
However, this path is not without it’s own struggles. God has been truly challenging me and shaping me – especially in stepping out of my comfort zones and facing the brokenness of my own life. Recently, God has shown His redeeming love for me at MarkWest and He has been healing me and restoring the broken pieces of my identity and of my life. Being vulnerable has always been a hardship for me, because I have been hurt deeply in the past by the people in my life. God’s healing and restoration of these dark places in my life has been amazing, albeit hard. I had to realize that I am ill-equipped to empower and help others. I cannot minister and help others from a place of brokenness. MarkWest was the beginning of this healing journey, and I believe God will continue to work in me to restore me and the broken relationships in my life. As of September, I am currently co-leading an IVCF small group Bible study. Not only has this Bible study group and the community of IVCF further opened my eyes to God’s healing and power, I am also challenged by God to step out of my homebodiness and spend time with people outside of my regular social circles. I do not know what the future has in store for me, but God has been faithful and has shown me that He is in control. I am unsure of what the future holds for me in IVCF or in my future career, but I will continue to be faithful to God and see what He has in store for me.
I am in need of prayer for three things. Pray for God to continue to help me keep my heart open to His healing. Pray for me as I am currently reconciling with my family and with others who have hurt me in the past, to be able to let go of my hurt and anger towards these people. Pray for me as I continue my studies as courses are becoming harder and harder.
Thank you for your support and for your prayers. May God bless you and strengthen you.
Julianna Lei

No comments:
Post a Comment