Sunday, November 25, 2012

New Exciting Opportunities

Opportunities this year seem endless.  Allow me to share with you a few opportunities that have come my way.

Vancouver Urban Partnership (VUP)
If you remember from the summer, I participated in VUP where a group of us lived in the poorest postal code in all of Canada for the month of May, the Vancouver Downtown Eastside (DTES).  Well, I have been asked to direct this upcoming VUP in 2013.  This is indeed very exciting and terrifying at the same time.  I am certain that this is the next stage of growth of me becoming a "good" leader.  It is still a bit terrifying and daunting but all the more reason to be praying without ceasing.


Intecessory Prayer Team - Urbana
What is Intercession?  “prayer offered on behalf of another”  (Eastman 1980, p.75)
a) A responsibility of every Christian (1 Timothy 2:1-4, Ephesians 6:18)
b) A spiritual gift that you may ask God for (1 Corinthians 14:1, Colossians 4:12-13)
“The gift of intercession is the special ability that God gives certain members of the body of Christ to pray for extended periods of time on a regular basis and see frequent and specific answers to their prayers” – Wagner Houts Questionnaire 1978

I have been able to experience exceptional prayer training over this past year.  It has literally changed the way I see life and has drastically increased my own personal faith and relationship with God.  This upcoming Urbana, my role as an intercessor is that I will be praying for 6-9 hours (2-3 three hour chunks).  It is daunting but I am excited to be a part of this prayer team and be a part praying Kingdom prayer for Urbana.

Next Generation Dialogue
Towards the beginning of the year, I was able to participate in a Next Generation Discussion to talk about some of the issues happening in Asian churches with the Next Generation (Asian born Canadians).  Ted Ng, who is heading this up mentioned that there will be a Dialogue set up by Asian and Multicultural Ministries in Canada (AMMIC).  It's a dialogue between three 1st Generation Chinese Senior Pastors and three 2nd Generation Chinese English Pastors.  I have the honor and privilege of being one of the three 2nd Gen representatives in this discussion.




No comments:

Post a Comment