Abundance, I have been witnessing time and time again that the ministry that I am doing is not growing because of me but because it is a gift from God.
Energy!!! Like the Energizer Bunny
My energy levels, for those who didn't know, were VERY low ever since I moved to Vancouver. It was sometimes really tough to do even simpler tasks and there were times where my Tourettes prevented me from being fully present. However, as soon as this school year started, I had a huge influx of energy. To put this into comparison, it's more energy than when I was doing 10 hrs/week of Judo. Now none of this is going to waste, God has abundantly blessed me with 6 students to mentor and charged me with the task of pioneering both the Surrey ministry and the Next Generation ministry. He has given me an amazing partner in ministry (Barron), an amazing Van East Team to be a part of and an equally amazing Lower Mainland BC Team.
Pray Bigger! Pray Bolder!!

I mentioned this in my previous post but it's in regards to the SFU Team going to Urbana. I remember both Barron and I waiting and praying to God that He would give us 4 students to go to Urbana. Well, we had a small amount of students in our community that could go (10 to be exact), so we held an Urbana Info Night for these students. We pitched the vision and extended an invitation out to our students to come to Urbana as a team. To our surprise, 8 of them said "Yes!" to going together as a team. I found myself witnessing this and repenting of my unbelief to God. I have to believe that this is what God wants because clearly, things are panning out in ways I never expected they would be. So next time, I'm not going to doubt God's power and authority. I'm going to be praying bigger and bolder than ever before of God's desire to see His Kingdom come to the SFU Campus.
Community (Not quite like the show, but it's awesome regardless!)

I have been praying to God to provide me with a community (outside of IVCF) that could keep me accountable and that we could grow together. He has indeed provided that in... well abundance... My church has become a significant community that I know I could go to and also this other ministry called Bible Study Fellowship (BSF). There I have met other Young Adults that have the same heart and passion as I do for University students and also the Asian Church.
No comments:
Post a Comment