As I was dealing with the downs of the summer, it felt like I lost track of why I was actually doing my work with IVCF. It wasn't until I went to support Vanessa for her info session that I had a chance to see the fruit of what God was calling me to do.
Vanessa Ignacio was a Business Student with the focus in HR. She just recently graduated with her bachelor degree. Over this past year, we had opportunities to meet up on a regular basis and ended up pioneering the SFU Surrey ministry. Over the Christmas break, Vanessa decided to go to Urbana 12 with the team of SFU Students. There, she had a chance to connect with an organization called International Care Ministries (ICM) which started her down an intense discernment process. The leaders of ICM continued to follow-up with Vanessa and in time, they decided to hire her to work in their HR department in Hong Kong.
The process for her in making this decision lasted for 4 months and it wasn't easy. God provided multiple opportunities to her and she was left with a decision. She could try to find work after she graduated and get paid for a "normal" job, she could do the Internship with IVCF which would involve relocation and fundraising, or she could work with ICM in their HR department which would also involve relocation and fundraising. Not easy choices, and all equally honoring to God, but as you may have guessed, she choose ICM. In her discernment process, she felt that God was calling her into mission after graduation and I am happy to say that she followed through with that decision.
Being able to see Vanessa choose this decision for Jesus and walking with her each step of the way was such a joyful process. It is during moments like these that I say to myself, "This is why I do the work that I do."
No comments:
Post a Comment