Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Catherine's Experience and Hopes

Inline image 1
Catherine's Family.  Catherine is in the back row, second from the left.



Hi, my name is Catherine and I am in my second year studying Health Sciences for my bachelor of science.
Justin asked me if I could share a little bit about myself and what God has been doing in my life.  I guess I'll start off with a few things I like to do in my spare time. Whenever the opportunity presents itself, I like to visit with my dearest family and friends.  Together we like to make meals, laugh, sing, and enjoy conversations with one another.  I've come to learn that my love for hospitality comes from my parents, parents who have always taught me to be open and welcoming to others.

In my first year at SFU I was eager to find a Christian club on campus, this was a bit daunting because there were so many to choose from!  I was thankful that my friend, Daniel, was already connected with IVCF and invited me to join him.  I chose to stay with IVCF because of the community, the same welcoming and hospitable vibe that I was accustomed to.  My passion is to share God's love where ever He may take me, including SFU.  Intervarsity Christian Fellowship has provided a way for me to do that.

I was very excited to hear about the idea of an executive team, and seeing that grow from an idea into a reality has been amazing to witness.  I feel like God is using this as an opportunity for us to grow as leaders, and to help further His kingdom on campus.  It is empowering to be surrounded by others who want to seek change, and be proactive about it.  It has been a blessing to come together each week and see the progress we have made as well as plan ahead for the future.

God has presented me with a multitude of possibilities as I continue in my studies at SFU.  He has challenged me to take on leadership roles not only at SFU but at my church, too.  I know that He does not give anything I cannot handle, so I continue to walk in faith alongside Him.  Through all these experiences, I've learned about my strengths and weaknesses, it has been a blessing to have Justin as a mentor who will speak truth into my life.  The most prominent theme in this past year for me, has been to fully and completely trust and rely on God's character, which is never failing and good.

I want to see change on SFU's many campuses, I want to see bridges being built, strong relationships that can withstand trials and tribulation.  I want God's love to ring true throughout the university; through His children.  I want a community that is welcoming to everyone, no exceptions, because that is what Jesus would want.  I want the students and staff to step up, and stand up for what they believe; to be examples and disciples of The Lord God Almighty.  I want IVCF to provide a safe space where any one can share unending joy and happiness, yet will feel comfortable enough to lament and confide in us.

These are my prayer requests.  Let us rise to be all that we can be, always looking to God first and honouring Him in all we do.

Thank you for your time and for your support in IVCF's ministries,

Sincerely,

Catherine Luu

No comments:

Post a Comment